[Dirvish] USB drives causing server lockups.(somewhat ontopic)

Noel Kelly nkelly at citrusnetworks.net
Thu Aug 21 07:04:00 UTC 2008

Keith's advice notwithstanding, I found a work around for crappy USB
hardware can be to renice the process and limit the bandwidth:

nice --adjustment=10 rsync -rltDvv --progress --no-whole-file --delete
--exclude=Temp --bwlimit=1000 /home/shared/Backups/
/media/usb-storage-10000E000CC31A5D\:0\:0\:0p1/Backups/

Cheers
Noel