[Dirvish] Dirvish remote over ssh: don't find ssh-keyfile

Shawn (Red Mop) redmopml at comcast.net
Fri Aug 1 07:19:49 UTC 2008

All this assumes that you're running dirvish on the server as
user "dirvishuser"

can you ssh info the computer to be backed up from the user
account "dirvishuser"  If not, you may have an .ssh permissions error.

~/.ssh and everything under it should only be able to be accessed by the user.

In other words,

ls -l ~/.ssh -d
drwx------ 2 user group  4096 (date) .ssh

ls -l ~/.ssh

-rw------- 1 user group  787 (date) authorized_keys
-rw------- 1 user group 1675 (date) id_rsa
-rw-r--r-- 1 user group  394 (date) id_rsa.pub
-rw-r--r-- 1 user group 1436 (date) known_hosts

of course, if you're trying to run dirvish as "dirvishuser", you may have
issues with hard links as well.