[Dirvish] Small question on the use of hardlinks in dirvish

Eric Mountain em-dirvish-1 at nerim.net
Sun Jul 9 22:11:08 UTC 2006

On Sunday 09 July 2006 23:47, Johannes Kastl spake thus:
> >   I would expect it to work if you hardlink the
> > files (since the inode will be identical on the source) instead of
> > copying them, but I haven't tested this.
>
> I will.

Let us know the result!

> Is there any switch to tell dirvish/rsync to look for "duplicates" to
> save space? Not that I would need it, but if it would exist I could
> just decide for space or time...

It's going to be an rsync option you need, because rsync is the one that
actually decides what files to copy, hardlink etc.  Dirvish is "merely" a
convenient wrapper around rsync.  I don't know of such an option on rsync.

--
Eric Mountain