[Dirvish] Expire rule for "last day of month"

Richard Geoffrion dirvish at rain4us.net
Wed Jul 5 22:24:10 UTC 2006

dirvish at GMxTechnologies.com wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to create some expire-rules, and would like to do something
> like this:
>
>    "last day of month" +12 months
>
> Everything else, I have a firm day, but each month can have a
> different last day, so what would "31" do in February?
*Multiple rules for the respective months (hmm..leap year)
*a cron job that switchs out / `sed`s your config files based on the
results of a command such as....

	if [ ! "`/usr/local/bin/date -d tomorrow +%d`" = "01 ]; then

*running your jobs on the first but changing the vault names to `date -d
yesterday +%F` (not sure how to do that exactly...but giving advice is
free so I threw it in at no extra charge! :) )

That LDOM thing really bites.  I know this question is redundant...but
are you *SURE* you can't do it on the 1st?  12:01am (0001h) is really
close to 11:59pm (2359h).  I promise you..it's VERY close!

--
Richard